During our initial planning phase, we will identify the key technologies needed for building the first Mars base from local materials. Here are some of the materials & technologies we anticipate focusing on. This list is subject to change as the planning process moves forward...
Possible Construction Materials:
- Fiberglass (locally produced)
- Metallurgy (all types of metals)
- Polymers (such as polyethylene made from ethylene from CO2)
- Brick Masonry (either for unpressurized shelter, or covered with regolith for a pressurized space)
- Plant Products (especially if a byproduct of food growth.)
- Materials Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Data Management / Telecommuncations
- Spacesuit Design
- Mars Geology & Topography
- Systems Integration
- and many other relevant trades and skills...